Sunday, September 04, 2005

I started this blog because I am really frightened by what some folks on the christian right want to do to my great country. I'm certain that I'm going to offend lots of folks, and I honestly don't mean to. I know that most people who have religious faith in their lives are good-hearted and honest, but there are a few folks out there that use religion to justify greed, bigotry, and hatred. Pat Robertson, I'm looking in your general direction.

The point of this blog (I hope) will be to illustrate why the church should not be tied to the government. Our founding fathers set up the United States this way for a reason. It is to protect people of all faiths from the will of the most vocal, or the most powerful.

That said, I must also point out that I'm probably going to rant about numerous other things going on in the world, and of course, the Boston Red Sox.

Thanks for stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home